Who We are?
What is tharunam?
The word 'tharunam' is known for two meanings; Crisis and Opportunity. We intentionally chosen the name 'tharunam' for our initiative to make everyone of us to believe that there is a great opportunity to regain our seeds and farming methods and renovate it accordingly to renew our nature to save our future.
- Advocating for food literacy in the society to encourage consumers to demand and farmers to produce healthy food.
- Using food literacy as an effective tool to create awareness about environmental issues and role of the farmers in environmental conservation and food security in India.
- Digital empowerment of farmers through inclusive digital training programs and technologies.
- Preserving indigenous farming knowledge by bringing the stories of farmers into public domain.
- conducting farmers public events to encourage farmers to share their concerns, knowledge and experiences with society.
- Developing makers spaces for farmers to experiment different sustainable farming practices before they are going to adopt it into large scale.
- Promoting farmers owned agri business to improve the socio, economic condition of the farmers.
- Advocating for policy level changes to support farmers rights.
- Developing alternative educational modules to train students the importance of both food and digital literacy in nation building process.
- Conducting training programs to create awareness about environment and farming.